Monday, May 01, 2006

What Do You Call PR Fans?

I remember standing in the lobby of the Atlas Apartments with the other members of the BPR tour. There were guards at the desk, looking on with amusement while we greeted each other and introduced ourselves with both our real and screen names. I could just imagine what they were thinking. It had to be something along the lines of, "Oh, it's about that show, again." Then someone said (and forgive me, I can't remember who) something about how we must look like some crazed fans; she used some sort of Trekkie analogy. Well, first of all, I take exception with the characterization of 'crazed.' Crazy, no, devoted, yes. I mean, we weren't wearing costumes or anything. But then I got to thinking, "Who are we? What do you call the disciples of Klum and Gunn? What do you call us?"

You folks are clever. You can invent a snappy word or phrase to describe Project Runway devotees. Remember, too, if you are reading this, the phrase applies to you as well. Be nice, be witty.

Fans of Project Runway are called:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Runway heads....or 'Runnies' for short. How bout it?


-Rachel K.

LauraK said...

You're probably thinking of "Fantinos."

Anonymous said...

Projeruns

Anonymous said...

How about Runaways?

Anonymous said...

If your talking about the BPR community, how about Beepers?

Tbone said...

I like the Beepers! We had tossed around an award idea a while back that was going to use that title.

We do have the tendency to make noise around here :)

El Bigote said...

Since we tend to really throw ourselves into PR, sometimes literally, we could be the PROJECTILES.

El Bigote said...

BTW - THE PROJECTILES could also invoke our love of fabulous fabrics, or texiles that are used on PR, thus PROJECTILES.

Jan the Dan Fan said...

I just always admit to being a "PR Addict".

C Merry said...

LOL I was callin us sPRites
(Silly Project Runway-ites)
:)

Anonymous said...

I like BPRS -- BeePeeArzz -
aka. beeperz

I think there are alot of fans out their.. but the ones here on BPR -- are fans with a little more passion. we don't just watch... we discuss and talk and have formed a fellowship.. I think the B is a very important part of BPRz

aka -- asiangirl

Eliza said...

Project Runaways.