Thursday, April 20, 2006
An Interview With Wendy Pepper
1. First of all, Wendy, you look fabulous! What is your secret?
I went on a special diet known only to a lucky few: the reality TV shock and awe diet!
2. What was the inspiration for your new line? How long have you been working on it?
I have been thinking about my line since appearing on the show. I took my time and made sure that it was exactly what I wanted to present. This was a particularly special experience for me to show in my hometown with all my friends and fellow Washingtonians in attendance.
3. How are things going at your boutique? How is Finley?
Finley appeared on the runway with me at the close of the show and I consider us the designing powerhouse duo. She is plenty old enough to give her unvarnished opinion - which she more often than not DOES!
4. Did you watch Season Two of Project Runway? What did you think?
I do not own a TV - but I was very pleased with the outcome.
5. We spotted you at Austin's show of course, do you keep in touch with any of the other PR#1 designers?
I have not seen them since the show.
6. What is next for Wendy Pepper?
I am planning for my next show of course! And I have a line of lollie pops called lollie peppers that come in such diverse flavors as champagne ("gold digger") spearmint ("trophy wife") and pomegranate("trouble"). Seventeen flavors in all - they are as yummy as they are fashionable as they are in the shape of dress forms! We are selling accompanying t-shirts with the tag line "eye candy" as well. They can be purchased through my site: http://www.wendypepper.com/