Tuesday, April 04, 2006

More Chloe Love - A Lot 8 Party Report


This report of last Friday's party at Chloe's Lot 8 boutique in Houston came in from BPR reader pleightx. He writes:

I didn’t make it to Lot 8 until 9:00, so I didn’t get a chance to meet up with fellow BPRer, Marianne (who, by the way, did a wonderful job re-capping the evening). Here’s my take on the evening:

A steady crowd streamed in and out of the store on this balmy night in Houston. They had a DJ spinning records, a monitor on the wall showing the finale episodes of PR2, trays of vegetables and other little munchies, and a bar serving up cocktails. The dresses from Chloe’s runway collection, draped on silver-colored mannequins, were interspersed between the crowds of onlookers.

It took me a while to spot my hometown gal, Chloe. I finally found her seated in the middle of the store. She had her doting boyfriend by her side as she greeted her admirers with a wide grin, posing for pictures and signing autographs.

What impressed me most was how beautiful the dresses looked in person. Regardless of what people may think about the choice of color and fabric, the dresses were a sight to behold. Every seam was in place and not a loose thread in sight. What the judges said was definitely true: the craftsmanship was just impeccable!

The other thing I took away from the evening (besides an autograph) was that Chloe seemed to be a very genuine person. She had a radiant smile on her face all evening long. As soon as I mentioned that Tbone and The Scarlett wanted me to say that I was … she hopped out of her chair, jumped up and down screaming like a little girl “Blogging Project Runway!” Then she gave me a big ol’ hug.

I wasn’t able to make it to the after-party. I think I had more than enough excitement for one evening. Congratulations again Chloe!

What a great report pleightx! Thank you so much for sharing this event with us. Chloe seems like such a beautiful person both inside and out!

3 comments:

Tbone said...

Okay - the very thought of Chloe jumping up and down at the mention of our names is getting me all verklempt!

LauraK said...

Chloe is completely gorgeous! Thanks Pleightx.

ScubaOtter said...

Could Chloe look any more beautiful in those photos? Seriously. Wow. *envy*