Every once in a while I get a comment or an e-mail that seems to suggest that we work for Bravo or somehow have an "in" with Project Runway. This is definitely not the case. We are in suspense regarding Season Three just like you are. I'll tell you everything I know:
1) There was an announcement here that seemed to suggest that the Season Three Finale would be at the September Fashion Week. This has not been confirmed by Bravo, but of course it would make us very, very happy.
2) Extrapolating from this we can assume that the show would begin airing sometime in July and probably begin filming in May. Just guessing here, folks. Since it is already April, we can assume that the producers are well on their way to narrowing down the field of potential contestants.
3) If you are a designer "in limbo" we can only suggest that you remain patient. It shouldn't be much longer! If you provided references in your application perhaps you could check with those folks to see if anyone from Bravo has called. Just a suggestion - I have no idea if Bravo even follows up on these things.
4) We know that over a hundred designers were asked to send videos. We have not heard from ANY designers who have been confirmed for Season Three. We know that in the past the designers have had as little as one day's notice to pack and head for NYC so there is still plenty of time and certainly letting us know may not be a top priority : )
5) We have not heard from any designer who received his or her video back or gotten a letter, e-mail or phone call or in any way has been notified that they definitely will NOT be on the show. As far as I can tell, everyone is still waiting. I'm sure it must be hard.
6) All of you wonderful talented patient designers who are waiting to hear, please know that we sympathize with you! We are rooting for each and every one of you - We can't wait to "meet" you. And we are in just as much suspense as you are. Basically, we know nothing!