Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Note From John Wade

Regular readers know that we are always on the lookout for designer contact information. In our effort to be the most complete source of PR info on the web, we seek out the blogs, websites and myspace accounts for each and every one...if they exist. One that had eluded us was John Wade. After seeing him at the reunion I was more determined that ever to find him. He looked great! Persistence paid off and I received this nice note from John yesterday.

Hi Laura,

It's great to hear that people are so enthusiastic about the show and the contestants! As for me and the "weight issue", I just really worked hard to eat right and exercise (at least five times a week, WHEW!). The results have been extremely gratifying and well received among family and friends. This is important to me, as major changes in appearance can be kind of life changing. My advice to anyone on that subject is to just work hard, and really be ready for the change mentally. You kind of have to hit a wall and want the change in order to really make it happen.

As for designing, I've got a few projects in the works (while I still maintain a full time job), but nothing I'm willing to jinx by talking about.

I unfortunately am not currently blogging, and I am probably the last person on the face of the earth without a myspace account.... I'm not anti, I am just so incredibly busy I couldn't imagine getting sucked into the myspace vortex at this point in my life. I would love to send you updates about my goings on via email if you ever are curious or have any questions...and who knows maybe if any of my projects take off I will be in the market for a vessel to let my fans know about them. Maybe I could talk to you about blogging then? Anyway thanks again for the email and inquires. If you ever need anything or have any questions just shoot me an email, I would be more than happy to reply.

Thanks again,
Best,
John Wade

5 comments:

christopher.john said...

WOOO! John Wade! He was one of my favorite contestants from the get-go when I saw his portfolio. I was so sad when Heidid Auf Wiedersehened him...but it's good to see he's doing well.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Thanks for posting the email from John. I wondered what he was up to since we didn't see much of his new improved self on the reunion show. Glad he is doing well and hope his projects take off and we'll hear more from him
Brenda

Anonymous said...

2nd to last person on the face of the earth without one lol. Only I'm anti. I love you John, glad to see you're doing so well. I wish I had the mentality to be able to lose weight like he did...I'm so lazy but props to him. Amazing

Anonymous said...

I don't have a myspace either and don't know anyone in real life who does or who has even read them.

Thanks for the note John. You look great!!

Anonymous said...

i saw him working at marc jacobs, i wonder if he still works there?