Wednesday, May 24, 2006

From The Mailbox

Hi Tim!















BPR reader Carrie spotted Tim Gunn at a Street Parade in the West Village! Here is her note:

I had friends visiting me in New York this past weekend and we decided to check out a dog parade in the West Village. We seemed to have missed the actual parade, but much to our delight we happened upon a dog fashion show (themed "The Village in the 60s") judged by none other than Village resident, Tim Gunn. He was his usual gracious, humorous self and did his best to coddle some of the shyer dogs down the runway. Thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of Tim in action.


Of course - we know that Tim must be super-busy with Season Three. How on earth did he have time for a dog fashion show? Hmmmmm...why don't I just write and ask..... : ) Here is his response:

Now for the dog parade... It was last Saturday and it was a commitment that I made when I thought we were beginning the show later in May. I bolted from the designers' workroom to go downtown to my neighborhood to judge the parade and then back, again. It was a "second annual" event at the Bedford/Barrow/Commerce Street Fair in the West Village where I live (Queer Eye Ted Allen judged last year). It was a free event, but we used it to drum up donations to the Block Association. It was high-spirited and a lot of fun. But why don't I understand the virtues of sunscreen? I was already healing from getting scalded on the rooftop of the Atlas last Thursday (taping day one), and there I was fully exposed, again, for a good 90 minutes. Right now, I'm peeling like there's no tomorrow!

14 comments:

Tbone said...

I will be on the lookout for a red, peeling Tim Gunn in Episodes 2 and 3 this summer!

The Scarlett said...

Okay, does any of our readers work at Saks, Bergdorfs or Bliss Spa? Because I think someone from one of those stores should deliver some great product, say some Crème de la Mer, to Tim at Parsons, STAT!

praddicted said...

Hey, WE WERE ON THAT ROOF!! How cool is that? I love that I can really picture all this now--man, I can hardly wait for July 12th!!! And I'm saving a vacation day for September OFW for sure. I love that Tim is a dog person. I'll deliver that Creme de la Mer in person myself!

Anonymous said...

They might be still be taping through June 20th.

LauraK said...

No stalking. We do not authorize any stalking here. (You do know my personal e-mail address...right?)

Tbone said...

pleightx and pc - sounds like we may have the beginnings of a potential "BPR Field Reporters" meeting. We can invite our NYC bureau reporters Jessie, Dianne, Snowflake, et.al.

Maybe a mini-tour!

Anonymous said...

Tim!

The desertwind swears by

http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY4923&PRODUCT_ID=PROD548

Worth every penny and so chic!

Jan the Dan Fan said...

I was so scared to read on thinking that the season 3 designers made the doggie costumes.

Trish said...

mini-tour??? when?? where?? hehe!

Anonymous said...

I plan to be stalking on June 6th, camera in hand. I will pass along any sightings!

The Scarlett said...

Linda, no stalking!!! Our policy is strict! (You have my personal email address, too, right?)

Jan the Dan Fan said...

We're "swooners" not stalkers!

The Scarlett said...

PC, you mean, like Tbone did?

Tbone said...

And as everyone knows, Tbone is always right!