12. There has been no smoking on Season Two. Smoking is boring. Smoke breaks are boring. Get back inside and sew!
11. Heidi's maternity wardrobe. We can't recall a single thing she wore last year.
10. Nina Garcia is much cuter this season. Anyone else noticing this?
9. Less model drama. This show is about designers. We don't have enough time in a one-hour show to cover the models too. Hey, I know, perhaps someone should create a show just for models! I have the BEST ideas!
8. Heidi's careful consideration of the lingerie sketches. We hardly saw any sketches last year. This year we're seeing plenty and we love it! These designers are true artists. Thank you for showing us this portion of the design process.
7. The Barbie Challenge - definitely the episode to send to the Emmy Committee. Is there an Emmy Committee? Oh wait, maybe the Ice Skating Challenge....
6. No immunity. Immunity only helps weak designers. This season we have producers to save the weak designers. Oh, what? Immunity this week? Ummmm never mind...
5. This season we have more footage of the designers actually designing. This is KEY. We want to see the pattern-drafting, the pinning, the cutting and the sewing. We want to see the handwork and embellishment.....well, maybe not this much embellishment... We want to see the magic happen before our eyes. THANK YOU.
4. Of course, season two brought us Santino as Entertainment. YES! We love the Timpressions, the songs, the fun. Santino as designer....not so much...
3. Season Two has brought out a much stronger on-line presence of bloggers, websites and message boards devoted to Project Runway. These are truly helping us to enjoy Season Two.
2. Season Two designers are much more likable than Season One designers. At this point we're going to cry no matter who gets cut - We love them all. We especially enjoy the way they seem to get along so well. (Someone help me with a line about "cry and cut."
1. Season Two brings us more Tim Gunn. More Tim on the program, more of Tim's blog and especially Tim's podcasts. We had "Tim's Take" last season - and we really appreciated it, but there's nothing like putting on the headphones and listening to Tim's voice.
#3 - Nick. He's just the nicest guy, and someone for whom the audience can root (Season 1's Kara Saun was too sure of herself, Jay was too outrageous, Austin was too...Austin). Nick gives Season 2 heart.
#2 -- More Tim Gunn. There's a lot more footage of Tim this season, and it adds a much-needed voice of maturity and wit. Plus, he's super hot.
#2 bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com !!!
... #2 alternate: Daniel V ;) ...
Andrae! He wears his heart on his face (and his t-shirt sleeves)like no one else can. His water dress is also a highlight, one of the loveliest creations from either season.
Also, Season Two has better blogs and boards and interaction with designers! Yeah!
YEah, anon -- I was going to say the #1 reason was the MUCH better/livelier/funnier/more vigorous/better informed blogging community. Or maybe it's just you guys...
oh, and hearts.
#2: No Wendy Pepper. We watch project runway to see talented designers. There are plenty of other reality shows we could watch if we wanted to see people with no talent backstab the other contestants in order to win. Season 2 has focused more on why the designers are really here-to design.
Oh these are great... I might have to adjust... Keep them coming!
#3--Blogging Project Runway
Although he could be my #10 through #1.
Ok--crushing aside, I agree with the other posts too--love seeing more Gunn, more of the designs, more of the work and creativity, and seeing Heidi's wardrobe makes me want to be pregnant again!!!
#3 The designers actually seem to like each other in this one, especially in 35D. It's nice to see that they can get along and support each other. (Most of the time!)
#2 Santino in general. Come on, you know the show wouldn't be the same without him!
And I agree about bloggingprojectrunway.com too!
too bad i didn't see season one. but i'd say i enjoy watching season two because these people are genuinely talented and the show shows their process (from their concept --> construction --> presentation)...and a lot of the people on the show seem genuninely kind too! :)
2) A man who was a gymnast for 12 years can win our hearts and make friggen amazing clothing!! (Dan!)
3. There isn't a single person who is dominating the competition. While Dan is clearly a favorite of the judges, the top people have all won a challenge (and I'm clearly thinking that Kara J. isn't a top person).
2. Seeing them all ice skate. Last season we saw them design, fight, and get drunk. This season, there's been minimal drinking and fighting and more eating and skating!
The one about the models...NO MORE MORGAN!...lol
I could be crazy, but didn't we not see as much model preparation last season? ie: Hair/makeup. I like to see how the designers envision the complete package.
I also enjoy the people this season better. I loved Jay and Austin last season, but I think as a whole that this season is more likeable. I love seeing Andrae, Daniel V, Nick, Chloe, Emmett, Daniel F, and Diana progress as the season goes. I feel like these contestants are easier to care about.
Andrae's facial expressions:)
Man, those are all really good. So as not to repeat anyone I'll only add...Season Two is better than Season One because it IS Season Two! After the long wait for it to start it, finally, arrived.Withdrawal came to an end. My addiction was fed again!
#3: Less "last episode/before the commercial break/2 seconds ago" recaps! Last season Heidi/the producers spent too much time reminding us what just happened. This season is so much snappier, yay!
#2: Less (and less obvious) Heidi voice-overs. She's ad-libbing more too. Hooray!
3. Daniel V. saying "It's a mother f-ing walkoff!" and other Daniel V-isms including kissing Kara on the cheek and giving Nick a pep talk.
2. TIM GUNN ON ICE SKATES!!!!!!
#3 Auntiemames recaps right here on BPR.
#2 Better catch phrases like "Where the H*LL is my chiffon?" "Whickety-Whack", "Lighten up it's just fashion," etc.
The challenges are much better this time around. The grocery store and wedding dress design challenges from last season were just so difficult, it was really hard to get a sense of who the designers even were from it.
And I agree on the Heidi voice-overs. When they add in sentences that Heidi clearly didn't say at the time, it's just creepy!
In response to #4: Did anybody else see how Chloe was drafting her pattern last night? I'd NEVER EVER THOUGHT of doing that. I guess that's why they put tape on the mannequins.
I realize that anybody who's ever actually studied design is probably going, "uh, duh!" but it was an awesome moment for me.
I am loving Heidi's maternity wardrobe! It's so refreshing to see maternity clothes that are sexy and flattering. I admit there are a few things she's worn that are not to my taste, but I have to give her credit for having style and not hiding her bump. As a currently pregnant woman, the maternity clothing available on the rack is just depressing!
i absolutely agree with #2. i also think the designers this season are more talented.
#4 I have to say Santino is far more delicious of a designer than comes through in a show like this. He really is a "haute coultier" designer, which, not being mainstream tends to grate on the audience. But I believe that the judges know this, and realize he is so very creative-the reason he might be hanging in may not just be for entertainment, but for a FW showing like they've never had?
Post a Comment