Thursday, March 30, 2006

Jack Mackenroth's NY Audition


Nick Lachey?


















Hey Guys!! I am addicted to this site and the show. Amazing!! I just wanted to give you a first-hand account of the New York auditions. I went at 8 am on Sunday morning and there was already a line of about 70 designers models and friends. We stood outside until they began ushering us in in small groups through the employee entrance at Macy's. There were designs of all sorts. Whickety whack galore!! I stood in line with my best friend and waited for my model to arrive.

Once we were let into the building we rode the freight elevators up in groups of 8-10. We were ushered through the women's swimwear department into the innards of Macy's. There we stood in another line where a Bravo employee came and took polaroids and assigned us our numbers. I tried to give my best "blue steel" for the photo. Gorgeous. I was given number 210. Apparently there were 175 designers the first day and 35 more ahead of me on the second day. Models were sent into a tiny women's bathroom to change. As I stood in line I got to see a cornucopia of outfits come and go. There were some pretty dresses and a fair amount of crazy club clothes. I really had to appreciate the amount of work that went into some of the designs. I know I worked my fingers to nubs and I'm sure everyone else did too. I chatted with a
few other hopefuls and everyone seemed pretty nervous. The line moved fairly quickly and I was up near the front by about 9:30.

Click Here to Continue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack Mackenroth is the sexiest man alive, hands down, and besides, he is an amazing designer! Best wishes to you Jack in the next season, we are all pulling for you to win the big time! Heidi will never utter Auf Wiedersehen to you!

Mike the Fightingprussian