Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Can't Get Enough of Kara


As beautiful and sweet as she appears on television, Kara sparkles more than her exquisite ring in person. We've given her love before here, but after meeting her in person, I can't help but think we had no idea the depth of the warmth and charisma of Kara Janx. She is as lovely in every way as she is talented. You'll read more of our story later this week but I'd like to thank her for taking the time to welcome with a hug over twenty strangers into her home.

And, as a little tease, here is a brief video of her telling of her design process:


7 comments:

praddicted said...

I posted this earlier, but I hope it's worth repeating:

I keep remembering how cute Kara looked when we were across the street, remember? There was just this sea of people and traffic everywhere, the NY hustle and bustle and then there she was, waving and smiling-she just stood out, like a beacon, no? Like she was glowing! Both her and Emmett: their graciousness and kindness to us, opening their work and their lives to us, what a wonderful thing.

C Merry said...

You get used to the caution and stand-offishness of people. Sometimes they are just like that by nature and sometimes its just life that makes them that way, there is none of that in Kara. She is so filled with joy its an inspiration. She hugged everybody with child-like abandon she shared her home and ideas and interests in life- she is someone on a wonderful journey and her happiness rubs off on everyone who meets her. :)

Jan the Dan Fan said...

And she is in LOVE!!!

How adorable was she every time her fiance was mentioned?
So happy for her!

Jan the Dan Fan said...

And praddicted--
Seeing Kara jumping up and down for us in those turqoise pants was one of my favorite moments. I felt like she was just as excited to see us!

Trish said...

Kara was fantastic!!!! I feel as if she's a friend now, not someone I used to watch on TV! Love her!!!

I'll be buying a kimono dress soon - did anyone buy one??

Tbone said...

Milton - what a great job you did with the video all day! I'm especially glad you captured the visit with Kara. It truly was one of the highlights of our day. I echo all others - she was positively glowing.

I can't wait to see more!

Trish said...

He is modeling a lot of the t-shirts on her website! what a cutie!