Wednesday, March 08, 2006

One Fan's Story...

This is from a dedicated Project Runway fan!















I don't normally don't watch much "Reality TV", but Project Runway is so different. I figured out a few things from watching season one: When is Olympus Fashion Week, What time is the Project Runway Show and When do the designers arrive at the tent??

I made a reservation for Thursday night, so I could be at the tent Friday morning, before the Big 3 arrived. I still didn't know who the 3 were, there were still 4 contestants at that time..

I arrived at the tent before 6:00AM, it was very cold, there were a few people across the street in a lighted area huddling together waiting to get in. I assumed they worked in the tent, a few minutes went by and they all went in. I found myself alone, I really thought there would be press or other "fans" there too, but NO, just moi.

I stood back against the wall near the enterance, a van pulled up, men were unloading several large boxes (which I would learn later, contained the 3 collections!) I moved across the street, I didn't want to get in the way. A few more minutes went by and another van pulled up. It was them!! I waited a few minutes and went back across the street, the TV guys got out, I could see everyone in the van clearly. I heard the TV guys say they would take the contestants in through the front entrance. They all got out of the van, I so wanted to take pictures and go over to them, but didn't want to intrude on their big moment. I just wanted to be in the moment and observe. As they walked by me, Daniel was the closest to me. I really wanted to say something, but I was frozen. I don't know where the words came from, but I said "Good luck Daniel", he kinda turned toward me, not missing a step and said, "Thank you so much."

As they were walking away I took a picture. I also wanted to take a picture of them as they entered the tent, so I followed at a distance. I got my pic and left very happy. (I almost ran in to Kara and another person as I went down the steps.) Again, I was very Happy.

I came back later and watched the show on the TV at the entrance of the tent, then went to the side entrance to wait for everyone to come out. I got many great pictures of most of the contestants and even one with Daniel, Nick and Jay!! It was so worth my train ticket $$ and hotel stay $$$, I have many great memories and many great pics.






I guess its clear to everyone who I'm rooting for. Daniel just seems like a really kind person, he showed compassion and kindness to his fellow designers as well as the models. If he doesn't win, I may stop believing in Karma. As a fellow gay man in a "Bible Belt" area, I see Daniel as a great role model for us all.

Peace!!

Thanks Laura, for letting me share my story!!

Jerry M





No, Jerry - THANK YOU!

No comments: