What a day! Worlds collided today in NYC as Blogging Project Runway hosted its first ever tour. We now know the faces behind many of the names: Moi;, JantheDanFan, Trish, praddict, echoe311, Snowflake, Jessie and many of your other favorites joined us today in the Big Apple in a day filled with unabandoned PR love. Let's take a quick toll of the damage. What were some of the things we did?
- Visited the roof of The Atlas, site of the famous "Boys from 35D" scene
- Renenacted "PR The Musical" in the Parsons workroom
- Toured Tim Gunn's Parsons office (and some of us dared sit in his chair!)
- Fabric shopping and gawking at Mood
- Lunched at the Red Lobster (where else?)
- Visited and interviewed many designers auditioning for PR3 at Macy's, including early BPR fave Jamie Mihlrad, who we are happy to report made the first cut today (yay Jamie!)
Who did we see? Hold on to your hats PR fans...
- Emmett McCarthy
- Kara Janx
- Daniel Vosovic
- Tim Gunn!
Don't worry, we have more photos and video than what we know what to do with. You'll see them soon. To all those in attendance today, please e-mail any pictures or video to Blogging_Project_Runway@yahoo.com so we can share the many stories from today.
I can tell you from my own experience that the BPR family is as warm and smart and as wonderful as you can imagine. What an honor to meet all of you. Thank you Laura for an unforgettable day!